Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Break Continued

Prague:

- Ate goolash

- Went to a 5 story European dance club

- Saw the Prague castle, the clock show, and the Lennon wall

- Walked over the Charles Bridge

-Ate Fried Cheese

- Reunited with an old friend

- Watched the shooting of Mission Impossible 4


Vienna:

A nice historical city, with friendly people, frigid weather, and GREAT coffee/pastries.


Salzburg:

My favorite of the places we went to over break!

- The girls and I took a Sound Of Music tour which took us around the city and up into the mountains. The town is charming and the surrounding landscape is absolutely beautiful. I could live in Salzburg.



Random thoughts:

I think it’s sad that Americans don’t put more emphasis on learning additional languages. Most people I have met from other countries speak at least two- what a great way to get to know other cultures and communicate with them.


Recently I've realized the little things that I take advantage of in the states like...free water, ketchup, or bread at restaurants. I know, the necessities.


I really can’t put into words how great my study abroad experience has been thus far. I could say life changing, amazing, and beautiful in every way- but even those don’t do it justice. These past 2 months I have learned more than I feel I ever could at home. I have a new appreciation for different cultures, languages, and ways of life. I have truly been able to enjoy every waking moment, and am constantly focused on the here-and-now. It’s refreshing to not be constantly thinking about tomorrow or worrying about all I have to get done today. I’ve had time to think about me, my relationships, my faith, and my future and it’s been incredible. I feel refreshed and revived- ready to finish this semester on a new foot.